PDA

View Full Version : Fluids and pwrapper question

RedXR
03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey guys,

I had a small question regarding pwrapper. I'm trying to create text that's supposed to become a puddle of water. I'm using particle flow for the particle animation and almost everything works like I want it to but I can't get pwrapper to conform perfectly to the shape of the text. Is this possible at all? Is there anyway I can duplicate the exact shape of the text I'm using using pwrapper?

Thanks

BrandonD
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Well, it's a mesh based on metaballs, so it's not going to conform to the text. The way we used to do it in the old days is to just render the text normally on one frame, then grow the metaballs out of the mesh quickly and fade the old text off. If it's fast enough it tends to work.

Levelsets obviously don't have this problem ;)

BrandonD
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry duplicate post

RedXR
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks a ton Brandon. The whole thing lasts for about half a second so I think it should work fine with the quick fade. As for levelsets...goes way beyond anything I comprehend at this point :D

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.