PDA

View Full Version : Particle clouds fade out...

theKal
03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Is that so difficult whiout being a Mel know-it-all ?

I'm just want my cloud to fade out after a few second by setting a animated Ramp (with 1 color) in OpacityPP => White to Black

and nothing happen...

Is it because I get a cold this week end that i missing something or anything else ?:D

thanks guys

Scob
03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi ,
With , the particleShape cloud , you must use a particleCloud material , and if you want use the opacityPP , you need to plug a particleSamplerInfo in the lifeTransparency of your shader ! ;) ( and of courses check that your particles are not in life forever)
And it works .. ^^

or you can directly plug a ramp in the lifeTransparency , and you will see , maya will plug a particleSamplerInfo who will drive your ramp along particles lifespan .

Hope it helps

++

Jerome

theKal
03-25-2008, 03:29 PM
yeaah, looks like something like that works :D

still... new issues.
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5338/residuon2.jpg

after all the particles dies... there are some blobby-what-the-hell-things showing up ... =D

It's not the first time that a saw this... and again... I don't know where these come from.

btw... I've been working whit maya dynamics since fiou... 3 weeks:twisted:

Scob
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
:curious: !!!

Perhaps you can remake your scene , or check if you have only one particleShape in your scene !
But i never seen thing like that, so ......

theKal
03-25-2008, 03:48 PM
gnnnn, well well... thanks anyway, if a found out i'll keep you in touch...

( Ho :D Corine Bouckeart give you.. eeer :D Bonjours de Corine ( de l'ecole! ca fait looooooooooongtemps :p, nihahahahaha)

Scob
03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
hehe no prob ! ^^

Passe lui le bonjour aussi ! :)
Effectivement ca fais longtemps !

++

Jerome

theKal
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
got it !

I found why I got these blooby things...

It's the Lambert 1 whitch auto apply himself on the particules and create the artifact...
simply put the full transparancy on, and nothing is left ^^

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.