PDA

View Full Version : Layer Selection problems

yule01
03-25-2008, 05:02 AM
I recently switched from Mac to dell, and am having problems in photoshop. I use to be able to hold down Command (or maybe option) and left click on a layer and it would select all pixels on the layer. this was a great way to select and deselect without having to save alpha channels. This doesn't work on my PC now, and right clicking on a layer doesn't give any options that would do this. Ideas?

pgraham
03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Are you talking about command clicking on the thumbnail in the layers palette? Yeah it's just control-click in windows. Everything is the same except all the "command" shortcuts are "control." Also you have to right click on the layer's thumbnail image to get the "select pixels" option.

yule01
03-26-2008, 12:38 AM
thanks Phillip! i did know about the command/control difference, but I wasn't clicking directly on the thumbnail, on a mac you can click anywhere on the layer icon...thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2008, 12:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.