PDA

View Full Version : particle instancer dissappeared after caching

ftaswin
03-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I got animated flowers grow on the ground after a particle hits the ground (particle collision event triggers a new particle)
. But when I tried to cache the particle to render on the farm and passes the instancer (flowers) are no longer appear in the viewport. They just dissappeared!

I tried caching it different ways, selected, all, different names with little luck, the instancer never shown up :(

Does anyone know a workaround/solution for this? Thanks in advance

ft

Scob
03-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi ,

I already had a similar problem , check if your instancer isn t a reference.
Because , with reference ( in maya 7 i did not try on the 2008 ) the instancer node , lose the instance object ...

And perhaps you can bake your instancer , with the uninstancer ! :shrug:

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/plugins/dynamics/Uninstancer-4331.html

here my 2 cents !

Hope it helps

Jerome

noizFACTORY
03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi ,

I already had a similar problem , check if your instancer isn t a reference.
Because , with reference ( in maya 7 i did not try on the 2008 ) the instancer node , lose the instance object ...

And perhaps you can bake your instancer , with the uninstancer ! :shrug:

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/plugins/dynamics/Uninstancer-4331.html

here my 2 cents !

Hope it helps

Jerome

Yeah, I too recommend the uninstancer. Its a great life saving tool!

ftaswin
03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks guys,

Isn't uninstancer only bake a non animated objects? I got 50 object index on my instancer, so my flowers grow from little seeds to fully bloomed in 50 frames.

My instancer is not referenced. I think it's a bug (or a feature:P) with collision event because I redo my scene with one emiter that emit, particles hit the ground and start the flowers growing and worked fine when I cached it.

I'm just curious why it didn't work with collision event.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.