PDA

View Full Version : Same Model, Multipe Outfits

timdose
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi all

I have an animation of a character walking. Currently it's set up as a model file with the rig and animation file that references the model file.

Now I need to render multiple outfits on the character as he walks. The trouble is- they need to be rendered separately from the character. I've figured out how to render things separately, but I'm not sure the best way to set things up so that I can have multiple different pieces of clothing for the same model.

Also, it would be ideal if the clothes are not merely textures, but offset the mesh somehow. Not sure if the best solution for this is separate geometry or some sort of displacement map.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

MegaManZZ
03-27-2008, 11:35 PM
If you plan on modeling all the outfits you could use a wrap deformer to attach them to the skin of the character.

refract
03-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Ref the new clothing into your scene. Weight it. Set up different layers for each clothing,..

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2008, 08:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.