PDA

View Full Version : gunshot composite or 3d?

Houkah
05-08-2003, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i need to know how to composite gunshots (just the flare from the gun barrel) onto live action film. Is it best to do this in 3d or to find footage of gunshots and try to mask it out? Or am i completely off?

Chris
05-08-2003, 09:42 PM
it is gonna depend on the shot, but 90% of the time you could do it in 2D post. Combustion ships with some gunshot flares in its particle system, they are dead easy to whack on.

ndog
05-09-2003, 05:34 AM
There is an inexpensive program called AlamDV that claims to do exactly this type of thing.

http://www.csb-digital.com/alamdv/

marci2001
05-09-2003, 08:28 AM
search for an image, which would fit your needs

Compose it with your background. use your fire's layer ADDITIVELY

You can do it even in a painter program, while a shot lasts no more than one frame (maybe an echo on the next frame)

Don't forget about the lights! Your shot enlights the room and the character. Its a bright light source for a moment, whit strong timely shadows.

Maybe its worth to render an extra frame too. Add this frame as a new layer. (try to echo this too for the next frame - maybe it improves your scene)

Best Regards
M

xeno
05-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Ndog, tnx for the tip!! Gonna be downloading that demo!

Infinity3d4life
05-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I think that the particles that you are referring to in Combustion 2 are actually from Illusion...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.