PDA

View Full Version : nCloth : animating a ballon by hand ?

seb4d
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi all !

I'm a beginner with nCloth and I'm trying to do a simple thing. I created 2 balloons and I want to move them in the scene and make them collide, all by hand, not dynamics. All I need is the balloons to collide with each other when they meet, that's why I use nCloth, but once applied to an object I can't animate the translation/rotation anymore.

I'm trying to achieve the same effect as in the Mill's Coke commercial with the giant balloons in the streets.

Can you help me with that ?

Duncan
03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Just create a transform constraint to 1 or more cvs on the balloon and keyframe the constraint position to drag the balloon. You may wish to make the constraint strength very low so as to allow the balloon more freedom of motion, particularily if you constrain many cvs.

Duncan

seb4d
03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Duncan !

That's what I tried bu I don't want to see that the mesh is being pulled by the constraint. And I want the control the motion totally.

Ok, actually what I want to do is just animate by hand the balloon, and I want it to deform when it collides with another object. I don't need motion simulatio, I just need deformations.

Duncan
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
OK. Then just keyframe the balloon position (do display input mesh when keyframing then display the output mesh when playing the simulation), then set the input mesh attract to something like 0.5 or so. If you make the input mesh attract too high it will override the collisions, so there is a bit of a balance. (you can keyframe it if need be)

Duncan

seb4d
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok it seems to be what I'm looking for, I'll give it a try.

Thanks again Duncan ! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.