PDA

View Full Version : XSI can't reset the transform parameters

bugworld
03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Hello everyone
XSI is awesome, but sometime small problems really bug me...
Did anyone ever encounter the problem that transform parameter cannot be reset?
say i type 0 into translate X, it does not change to 0 but snap back to it's original value..
and Reset Translation or Teset anything doesnt seems to work neither.

I can move and animate the parameters just fine, but they simply can't be reset.

I'm not sure what I did, sometimes after I did some parameter linking... but all in correct procedure I think. Is this a problem or not? It gets really annoying...someone know why is this please tell me.

tc
03-23-2008, 10:50 PM
whos parameter?

Usually it happen because this parameter is somehow dependent of another one.

example: you have a bone affected by an effector. If you type something in the bone rotation, depending on how you set it (force IK for example), XSI will not let you change that value because its controled by somebody else (in this case the effector).

Neutral poses, bones/chains/effectors, constraints... XSI is very strict on this so somethings isn't a bug is just what you told XSI to do that isn't possible.

Maybe if show an image with your problem can help us to understand it better.

CoolCalb
03-24-2008, 12:44 AM
do you mean, you try typing '0' in one of the SRT/XYZ boxes, and they snap to their
previous value? It happens to me from time to time, but seems to go away as fast
as it comes :)

Do you use Dual screens? Might be related to that... I get some funny behaviour once in a while in the right screen, like Zooming in the AE or dopesheet dont work, or the cursor
get stuck on a mode (in the AE) and will not change..
I noticed that many times that I have this behaviour on the right screen, the problem
you talk about starts..

Not being able to Reset Trasforms from the menu, happened to me on very rare ocasions..
restarting xsi seemed to solve those problems.

bugworld
03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I know I could make myself clearer by posting some images, but it is a totally random problem to me.. I know parameters controled by other things cannot be changed, but Im not talking about that... It's so so simple that sometimes if something's rotation is 5, I cannot type anything in the transform panel to change it, neither reset transform. The bizarrd thing is that I can change it in the ctrl+k transform page with no problem. And I can move it and animate it. If it IS controled by someother things, say a bone's rotation by a keyframed effector, changing the rotation of the bone shouldn't work by any means should it?
Yes CoolCalb it comes and goes, but sometimes its really annoying, and moreover if it is the way it work indeed, I have more reason to know the unknown...

luceric
03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
the meaning of the boxes in the Transform panel is dependant on the refeference current mode, local/global/view, etc. It's only the same thing as the Ctrl+K transform in Local mode.
Perharps you are in another mode when this happens?

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.