PDA

View Full Version : Slow Motion Shooting and Fall

Bruno-Camara
03-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi fellows, I'm posting an animation WIP, its almost done, I still have to finish the guns hitting the floor and adjust the camera, maybe some blood in the end lol. I accept any new ideas, tks a lot all of you. :thumbsup:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1446914585025167077&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1446914585025167077&hl=en)

Diablo0128
03-23-2008, 05:04 PM
First of nice job! And just to let you know i'm not going to give you any advice or anything because i'm new here and all. So i still have alot of learning to do before i feel capable of leaving people cretiques here. But what i will tell you is that, even though i can't animate yet, i know what a good animation looks like. And this one looks great. Almost like Dash from increadibles meeting Matrix or something. And i especially like the fall, looks like you've put alot of work in there! Nice!!

homer4lyfe
03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Watch much anime? hehe. It definately has that feeling and style with the contrasting of very quick and very slow movements. I really like it though, the fall feels like it has some good weight to it, and interesting motion. I think during the slo-mo jump he seems a little stiff. I think he needs to feel more fluid in the air, give his jump a little more ark in the body. Just some subtle changes in position as he moves through the air, it will help it feel more alive. Also I think he needs some recoil on the guns to help give some life to his arms. Other than that I only wish it was an .mov so i could go frame by frame and really look at it.

But over all this is a nice animation. Well done.

mistasam02
03-27-2008, 11:44 PM
That was great! All critiques I can think of were mentioned above. Great animation dude :D Can't wait to see the final clip!

charleslin
03-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Is this a motionbuilder piece? the fall just looks a bit "puppety" like, just a bunch of rigid body dynamics let loose to play...a bit lifeless -- as if you just threw a ragdoll out of a speeding vehicle. the intent on the acting of the character seems lacking. I do like the combination of slow action to fast action and the timing transition is good...
I just could help but go into my backyard to act it out myself and it keeps bugging me in my head that, with such a controlled jump to mid-flight firing...that the character would have enough skill (or common sense) to not fall into a raggedy-ann doom. needs landing sequence i think (google monty oum lol)
speaking of mid flight...the physics of it seem a bit off, (or maybe i watch too much john woo and jet li, hehe) but I noticed his horizontal rotation stops in the air...it takes the believability away form the viewer i think. maybe keep his torso rotating, but keep his aim fixed.

oh, and the guns are still firing without a finger on the trigger when he drops then =)

Hope this was a good critique!
nice job tho, I like the general pace!

Anil-Kapoor
04-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Its good work, looking nice.

I kinda agree with the comments above. Try not have the arms symmetrical while he is in slomo mode shooting.

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2008, 12:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.