PDA

View Full Version : Alpha background...

PascalR
05-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi all!
Just a little question (which could seems stupid):
Does anyone know how to render a background with no alpha channel with maya renderer? (I mean not using a poly or nurbs plane locked to the cam, but the maya cam background feature (image plane)
Sorry if anyone already answered this in another thread, but I didn't find it:shrug:
Thanks a lot for your help :beer:

Oh!if anyone knows the trick for Prman's backplane, I have the same problem :D

Pascal R.

rollmops
05-08-2003, 04:40 PM
You can replace your image plane by a poly and project the image with a 3d persp-projector linked to the camera.
You can use a simple lambert (without diffuse), connect your proj to the incandescance then set the matte opacity to 0.

:shrug:
More simple: just a use background on a plane.!

PascalR
05-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks for your reply rollmops :shrug:
But that means that an image plane will only appear at render time if is alpha channel is white... I feel sad...
Just wanted to know if there was a way to make it possible with the default image plane, but if not I will have to use an object...
Maybe my question was not very clear...maybe that comes from my bad english...
;)
Thanks

Pascal

rollmops
05-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes you have unfortunately to add an object in your scene but it won't change anything in the look of the rendering.
Note: this plane must be cast-shadow OFF.
If you have a moving camera you may want to parent the plane to the camera.

PascalR
05-09-2003, 01:41 PM
OK! Thanks rollmop:D

Pascal.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.