PDA

View Full Version : Pixho Translucence! ?

Waters
05-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Hey,

Pixho.com just posted an update to its translucence script, that is supposed to add options to your shading network for a translucence effect ( aka- sub-surface scattering ). It says that it now works for maya 4.5. I just tried to get this script to work, but when I execute it, nothing happens, no new options in my attributes menu, nothing. Can someone who has gotten this shader to work post some screen-shots, or description about how they got it to work? The results posted on the site look very good, and I'd love to play around with some fake sub-surface scattering..... :drool:

Carina
05-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Assuming you are talking about subSurface Illumination shader v1.2...

"Once you have downloaded the script, copy it in your script directory, source it in Maya.
This shader needs lights that will be used for the translucence effect, so select your material(s), one or more lights and execute the script."

Is that what you did?

Waters
05-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Right, and thats exactly what I did, and nothing happened. You had better luck?

Carina
05-08-2003, 05:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to try, just thought I'd check first;)

I'll try it when I fire up Maya later.

Waters
05-08-2003, 06:21 PM
I finally got the script to apply the new settings to my material.. but.. the results dont look as good as what is on the web page.

Mangalore
05-12-2003, 10:01 AM
You managed to get it to work? I worked myself through the script itsself but when it said that it failed to connect attributes at line 100 and something I gave up. It created a bunch of nodes but never actually managed to connect them to my Lambert... :(

Maybe I should check it again? :surprised

Checked it, obviously wrong version. Thanks that this thread lead me into the right direction. ;)

Waters
05-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Glad I could help in some small way. If you get some nice results out of it, post them, I'd like to see.

Mangalore
05-13-2003, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't call my own stupidity small. ;)
Will see, though I haven't played around with it much till now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.