PDA

View Full Version : Wacom settings disappearing in Leopard

kookookrayzy
03-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi folks,
Since upgrading to Mac OS X Leopard, my Wacom tablet preferences seem to randomly disappear; causing me to spend more time setting them all up again. It seems to happen when I restart my machine. Has anyone else seen this problem? I've seen it through the last two driver revisions (605-2 and 605-3).

Also, has anyone ever seen an option to save those settings out to a file that can be instantly re-installed? I teach at a lab where the machines are wiped daily, and I'd like my students to be able to drag/drop or load their Wacom preferences easily. I've asked the Wacom team about this and they never seem to give me a solid answer.

Sorry to post it in the Painter forum, but we don't seem to have a Wacom Thread here at CGTalk. Thanks for any help though!
-kook

Laurindo
03-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Wacom.

I don't have any problems with my Wacom Intuos3 and leopard. I have Mac Pro-08 and all the latest drivers an updates. Also my MacBook with leopard and intuos2 is working ok.

Unfortunately I don't know how to save Wacom settings, but it would be very handy to be able to save transfer that data, especially when teaching.

Cometsoft
03-22-2008, 03:42 PM
There is a file /Users/Username/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs that you can archive. This is based on the latest Intuos driver. The Cintiq also uses it. I have been having problems when switching between the tablet and the Cintiq. So I just copy the file back when I switch tablets. Unfortuntely if there are any problems in your preferences they will reappear.

Normally I don't have problems if I just stick with one tablet device. Have you tried deleting the Wacom preferences and starting from scratch? In the Wacom folder in your applications directory there is an app called "Remove Wacom tablet" that will delete your preferences.

kookookrayzy
03-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the pointer to the preference file, I think I've tried archiving/replacing that file before, but I'll try it again to see. If it works when I lose my prefs I'll post the results here.
Thanks,
-kook

kookookrayzy
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Also, RE: deleting the preferences via Remove Tablet Preferences, yes I have to do that when my tablet disappears, so essentially I'm the one deleting them. So the problem seems to have two stages; 1. the tablet disappearing 2. having to delete the prefs and start from scratch.

kraal
04-16-2008, 03:05 AM
did you get the leopard update driver from wacom???????? i had to get that one

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2008, 03:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.