PDA

View Full Version : Distort Tool problem in Leopard

kookookrayzy
03-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi folks,
Since I upgraded to Leopard, I haven't been able to use the Effects/Orientation/Distort tool... the control handles are not responding to my cursor. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Thanks for any info!
Cheers,
kookookrayzy

lieffje
03-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Your problem, painter X in combination with leopard, sounds familiar. I had a lot more problems on my macpro that I had to downgrade to mac os 10.4. Now is everything runs smooth again. It's a step back but I prefer a smooth running system instead of the newest system. I hope corel will look into this.

thanks,

Jan Lieffering Illustraties
Rosa manusstraat 76
5612 RB Eindhoven
The Netherlands
lieffering@tiscali.nl
janlieffering1@mac.com
http://web.mac.com/janlieffering1

Laurindo
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
The feature of dragging from handles when rotating, scaling and distorting doesn't seem to work in any intel mac (I have Mac Pro 2008 and MacBook) with leopard.

For rotating and scaling I use now Free Transform tool, but for distorting by dragging corner points separately, I must go to Photoshop!

This non-functioning is very annoying, because I use these three orientation options very much, especially at the early stages of an illustration, and used to have F-keys for each of them.

I want to mention here my list of three issues that at least should be fixed in next Painter X update for mac:

1) the above discussed orientation thing.

2) brush ghosts staying in picture.
You must zoom the picture to get rid of them. Sometimes you even confuse them to be real brush traces. This problem was already with Painter X in pre-intel mac and tiger.

3) Freezing of the brush every now and then.
Painter is not freezing wholly, only the ability to move and paint with a brush. Sometimes it goes away by various things, changing tools etc. but most often I have to close the window and reopen it. That is distracting when happening very many times per day

Oh, maybe I should have started a new thread to all leopard/painterX.1 problems...

A question: what is the best address to email about these issues to Corel. It has been mentioned many times here by Jin and others, but now I dont find it.

Jinbrown
03-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Laurindo and others,

Post your technical problems and problem related questions at The PainterFactory (http://painterfactory.com/), in the Painter Discussions area (click the tab at the top of the page) > Corel Painter Product Discussion forum category > Got a Question? forum.

The Got a Question? forum is the best place to discuss technical questions and concerns with Corel Painter users and the Corel Painter Development Team.

Post requests and suggestions for improvements in the Corel Painter Product Discussion forum category > Suggestion Box forum.

The Corel Painter developers watch the forums and one or more of them should see your posts.

If you also feel the need to e-mail them, the address is:

painterteam@corel.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/painterteam@corel.com)

Please save this info so you'll have it when you need it next time.

Thanks!

#

kookookrayzy
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Jinny, I was unware of that forum, I'll check it out!

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.