PDA

View Full Version : ikSpline Adv. Twist and Mel

defago
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
So Im scripting together a little vine rig- and using a ramp to control the twist of an ikspline. This works just fine- however, maya will not update/recognize the input from the ramp until I open the "advanced twist" section of the ikspline handle in the attribute editor. If I connect the ramp to the handle through the gui- all is good, but when making the connection via command- no dice.

Using dgdirty or changing the ikhandle's node state will cause the rotations to update, but again- no real-time updating until I physically open the attribute editor and flip down to the "advanced twist" section.

Any one run into this before, or have any possible solution ideas?

defago
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
...and in further developments: Im building multiples of these vine rigs in a scene- if I get it to work on one- it so nicely stops working on all the rest!
This same phenomenon occurs when just creating several simple joint chains with ikSpline solvers using ramps as their twist controls.
Seems like it must be a bug in the ikSpline solver.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.