PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop buttons for flash

WhiteMeat
05-08-2003, 02:06 AM
anyone know of any tutorials or documents on making a button in photoshop...and exporting them for flash?? any help would be greatly appreciated...as i've made my site in ps, and i'm ready to import to flahs :) thanks again

WhiteMeat
05-08-2003, 02:34 AM
one more thing...i made my buttons in photoshop...but then when i bring them into flash via exporting through illustrator, it makes the entire 800x600 area the button....how do i home in on just the actual button??

Ian Jones
05-08-2003, 02:45 AM
You export inidividual buttons and smaller images of your interface broken up into sections. I'm not exactly sure why you are going from Photoshop > Illustrator > Flash. Do you want to import raster images? or vector images?

WhiteMeat
05-08-2003, 03:47 AM
i was just doing it so that if would be on individual layers in my library, vector/raster is not a concern...however...i'm tinkering with psd2fla now :)

Archertech
05-08-2003, 04:44 AM
creating a button is very easy depend on what excally are u looking for..animation button or just reg button...
for animation button...make 2 buttons than..on the sencond just change the colour or background as u like..for reg button..well....just make the size as u like when u make a new file...than input text...make is fade...add a little wind effect
whatever u like..

lol...seems like i said nothing..

bumskee
05-08-2003, 11:21 PM
helloooo,
yeah usually make buttons on photoshop too, kinda nice i think. gives that 3d look (kind of).
i think the important things is to when u save it save it as PNG file format, that way it preserves transparency and lot of people (including me) use it for blur effects and so on. it also keeps it quite crispy, so try that!

:beer:

intvSlams
05-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by bumskee
helloooo,
yeah usually make buttons on photoshop too, kinda nice i think. gives that 3d look (kind of).
i think the important things is to when u save it save it as PNG file format, that way it preserves transparency and lot of people (including me) use it for blur effects and so on. it also keeps it quite crispy, so try that!

:beer:

Bumskee's right - png is the way to go - use Save for Web png to get a straight rather than premultiplied alpha channel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.