Sup guys/gurls?
I just made these 2 new pix with photoshop
hope everyone likes it =D
enjoy!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mdfts/dark.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mdfts/egg.jpg

singularity2006
05-08-2003, 05:47 AM
the first one .... not too impressive. I think u could have done a better job integrating the text and integrating things into the splash effect in the background ... the egg one... abstract.... but cute. :thumbsup:

Archertech
05-08-2003, 01:09 PM
thanx..
but its only my 3rd try using photoshop lol..:buttrock:

singularity2006
05-08-2003, 04:39 PM
ah, that explains the interesting filter use. Most designers that have a photoshop focus generally don't use only filters to achieve their ends unless they are looking to make some sort of super abstract patterned background. They use shapes and such too ... vector shapes perhaps. Overuse of filters well ... we had a long conversation about that.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40160 <---- seeeee???

kleinluka
05-08-2003, 05:02 PM
filters = no good.

Archertech
05-08-2003, 05:43 PM
lol..thanx for the comment "filters = no good"
its only my 3rd try so can't really blame me :applause:
and of course its not that "gd"..i didn't use other programs like "swift 3d, maya, 3d m" to add a lil spice to it...
its all photoshop work

singularity2006
05-08-2003, 06:04 PM
filters aren't necessarily evil ... it's just how u use them such that u cannot tell that they were used in the first place ... you would be shocked though to see how stuff from Maya or 3DSMax can come out through just using the paintbrush tool in photoshop ... have u guys seen bike renderings that looked so 3D that it just HAD to come from a 3D program? I don't have the link with me @ the moment, but this genius designer guy did these 3D bike sketches that turned out to be all photoshop even though one would swear they were from something else.

Archertech
05-08-2003, 07:31 PM
hehe..i know what u're saying
but what i'm trying to say is i made it just by filters.."having fun"
i wasn't planning on making a normal picture "in any 3d program or just photoshop" than add filter effects..

bumskee
05-08-2003, 11:16 PM
ooooooooooo
:beer:
like the egg man, a lil jaggy on the top but it's nice!
PS is just so much fun, you never know what you gonna get.
i guess in a way filter is evil, or we say that coz it's so damn obvious. kinda of lame if we all started creating same old same old stuff.

just dun let the photoshop control your design, use it wisely and it will help you with your design!

:p :p :p

fandalis
05-12-2003, 01:29 PM
filters = no good.

pls. study your filters well. hehehe

my own opinion,

photoshop/filters = 3dsmax/procedural maps

Maven
05-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Bad typography.

Archertech
05-12-2003, 09:19 PM
i just noticed i made some bad typos lol..
here's the msg

ok..
1..u can't really call it a typography..because its suppose to be a background image...the size changes once u add html code
= its not bad typography instead its not even a typography

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.