PDA

View Full Version : after sculpted, the UV become muss

geckotw
03-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi all~

I finished UV layout in low poly model, and i import the low poly model in MUDBOX and sculpt some detail, then i export the high poly model with .Obj file.

When load the high poly model into MAYA, the UV have become muss!!

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong ? have i need to do some setting in MUDBOX?

HocusPocus
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
hei geckotw...
maybe you forgot to delete the history in maya before export the mesh...
if you dont, the uvs get crazy..

geckotw
03-25-2008, 06:30 PM
hei geckotw...
maybe you forgot to delete the history in maya before export the mesh...
if you dont, the uvs get crazy..

thank for your reply...

i have delete history before export~

after all , i try this way and got a better UV than before.

1. after finish my sculpt, i export my lowest level mesh to OBJ.
2. export hightest level mesh to OBJ WITHOUT UV.
3. make more relax in the lowest mesh (use UVLayout), especially the RED part. save file.
4. import the OBJ to Mudbox that i just export in UVLayout. SubD it to the highest Level ( i have check smooth UVs.
5. import hightest level OBJ ( that's step 2 file). Done!

finally , i check the hightest level UV in UVLayout, i got a better UV than without doing these steps.

i'm not sure is that correct, but that's the only one way i can do :sad:

HapZungLam
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
not sure how will u get that from maya to mudbox. But i do have this problem from xsi to mudbox before. What I have endup doing is to export from xsi to maya first, Going to the UV editor and make sure every UV are being stitch together before export into maya. U may want to make sure yours are being stitch as well..

good luck

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.