PDA

View Full Version : extremely difficult shot(4 me)

FabioMSilva
05-07-2003, 11:18 PM
ok i have to do a quite complex shot for the movie im making.
The scene consists in having two actors, flying in mid air, fighting each other with swords(IN MID AIR!) while the camera makes some really wild movements around them(rotation from x-axis and y axis, full rotations, a bit like the scenes in the matrix but from upside down too)

my problem is that i filmed them as 2 distinct layers. now in compositing i want to make a single shot(make the respective keying for one actor, for the other and for the background, as well inserting a flare blow and sparks in the middle of the two actor layers and dust and such). The problem is that i have no clue on how to say to the compositing program im using(AE5.5) that in this frame the actor-A is the 1st layer on screen(or the actor on the back) while the Actor-B(the actor in front of the camera, inheriting visibility to actor-A) and in the next seconds switch theyre respective orders(Actor-A to front and actor b to back). How can i do that? it might be simple but i got no clue on how to do it, since im new to composite rotating cameras.

ill keep trying to get a way to do it, but if u can please aid me.

:beer: cheers!

roguenroll
05-07-2003, 11:24 PM
check out DVgarage free files/movies, there a cool lightsaber
fight that invoves separting characters and saber hits (flare).

very similar

Stimpy
05-08-2003, 12:04 AM
hope i understood your question right.

in after effects the top is always front. all you would have to do is to split your clips accordingly.. your timeline would kind of look like

1 ..........................|-----------b-------|
2 ..................|---------a---------------|
3 |---------b--------|
4 |----a--------|
5 |-------------background------------|

first b is in the foreground since its on top of a, then a moves into the foreground and at the end b again.

hope i make myself clear.

[edit] arrrrrr.. cgtalk doesnt seem to like spaces. i will try to take a screenshot

Stimpy
05-08-2003, 12:12 AM
screenshot

FabioMSilva
05-08-2003, 10:47 AM
thanx :thumbsup:

marci2001
05-09-2003, 09:09 AM
EDIT menu
- >Split layer

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.