PDA

View Full Version : 2 dumb questions

MarkInTx
03-20-2008, 04:10 AM
I hate to ask questions here that I SHOULD be able to find in the manual... but I have been looking and damned if I can find it, so here goes:

1. I am trying to use the Autorigger, and I am following along with the vid. But when I bring my Mesh in, it is a very different size than the mesh Ulven is using, so the bones guides don't match up at all. So: How do I scale my mesh once I load it?

2. I really don't like the lightwave-ish buttons to move and rotate the camera... are there key equivalents to those (I hope?) And can I make them work like the other apps? (ie ALT MOUSE right click moves, left click scans, middle click rotates... or something like that?)

Thanks!

isobarxx
03-20-2008, 06:14 AM
With your object selected, in the Setup tab, click Scale in the Motion tab on the the lower left corner of the screen, and you can scale your object. You can move the pivot point too, if you need to (hit F3).
You can show/hide channels from the edit sphere by right-clicking on the circles in the Motion tab. left and middle-clicking do things too, that's in the manual. (Right-click the File tab, select Launch Docs)

Under Customize -> Key Command Manager, in the Navigation tab you can configure how the mouse behaves. You can fiddle with the edit sphere too in Edit -> Key/Frame Editing.

Ulven
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Generally you resize the rig by using the bone lengths and the globalscale null. If your character is WAY out of scale, it might be worth resizing him first and saving this as a new object. To do this simply load the character object and scale it so that it roughly fits the size of the rig, then export the object from the file menu to a new object file. Then load and rig this new object. The reason for this is that it'll be easier to weight, since the metaeffectors will work on the object before any transformation is taken into account in setup. Never scale the whole rig by simply scaling the master null. This will not work when the autorigger is run.

MarkInTx
03-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks isobarxx and Ulven for the quick response!

Hey... reading Ulven's answer about scaling visa vis the Autorigger... maybe the questions weren't as dumb as I thought! That makes me feel a little bit better!

Thanks again all...

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2008, 04:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.