PDA

View Full Version : character: WW2 ZOMBIE

suttercane
05-07-2003, 10:25 PM
drawn then colored in photoshop with a wacom.

please critique!

http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/suttercane/zombie.jpg

m-d-freezer
05-07-2003, 11:00 PM
In my eyes it looks really good!!

Nice fleshcolor.

But I think the teeth and the dogtags are a littlebit to small.

Perhaps you will become as good as I am ;)

bumskee
05-08-2003, 12:06 AM
hey,

great texture!! and the eyes are great.
But i think it's a bit flat except for the helmet.

Prs-Phil
05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Send him back to wolfenstein ;)

Well the face could use some more highlighting, well actually the whole picture. The nose does seem a bit to small and a bit far to the left and its to small. :D

The straps are in a very unrealistic position. Now someone would say hey, the guy is moving from the right to the left (from our point of view) but the dogtag is hanging streight down.
The dogtag or the straps are not hanging the correct way (due to gravity).
That was the crit

The image still has something. My final words would be:

"Not impressiv or smashing, not crap and not noobish (if that would be a word ;)). Keep working on your skills to get better."

suttercane
05-10-2003, 05:49 PM
thanks for the replies!

m-d-freezer: haha... i hope to be as good as most of the people on CG Talk one of these days. Lot's of amazing talent in here. Thank you!

bumskee: yea one skill i need to practice is more accurate lighting. My lighting seems to change with every layer due to I use a really low opacity. Things get messy looking. Thank you though!

Prs-Phil: I see what you are saying about the straps and dogtags. Thanks for the comments... at least it's not crap! ha...

thanks everyone

Socar MYLES
05-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey, this is cool! I like the textures, especially on the face and helmet. You've got something good going on here--I think it just needs to be pushed a bit more to take it to the next level. Mainly, I'd recommend using a background, even a simple one, and doing that first, so you get some sense of setting, and so you will have it easier when you establish your light source. For an image like this you need drama, and for drama, you need more distinct lighting.

Caravaggio is a good painter to study for dramatic lighting.

Critiques aside, though, this is cool work! And thanks for your very kind comment in my zombie thread, too! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.