PDA

View Full Version : Uplift Universe - Video Entry: Sebastian

divi
03-19-2008, 11:19 AM
All right!
I really suck at sketching characters, so I won't be doing that. At least not for now as I have a pretty clear picture in my head what I want to do. Since I am pretty pissed at the stupid UVs, I'll post what I had in mind.

First I wanted to do something similar to humans living on planet-like things carried by huge alien-grublike-thingies but after I thought it through I really didn't like it. But I'll kind of keep the planet-idea but completly different.

What I have in mind is a 1-2 minute short. It starts with the camera flying along some of the greatest buildings humanity has created and then zooms out till you see the whole earth.
Then an alien hand will grab the earth and you'll see an alien pulling the earth out of a big sports- or golfbag - not sure yet. The alien will be standing on a lush golfcourse with trees and bushes and ponds and stuff and be dressed in typical golf clothes. It'll place the sphere on a tee and hit it with a (not sure what iron to use), with the camera constantly pointing at the ball but staying at the aliens position.
The Earth will fall into a pond, the alien will have some emotion (not decided yet), get saturn out of the bag (if it will be a sportsbag and not a golfbag) and sit on it like on a swiss ball, pull out a big book (prolly tolstois "war and peace") and say while opening it something along the lines of "another 5 billion years till the next shot..." with the camera moving away and the picture fading to black.

any comments and critics welcome, will post some first models soon.

divi
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
The List.

Allrighty - time to write down everything I need to do!

Modeling

Earth - done
Saturn -
Moon -
Alien -
Hand - wip
Low Poly - done
High Poly -
Head -
Body -
Clothes -
Golf course -
General Topology -
Grass -
Trees -
Water -
Bag -
Golf Bat -
Book -

Texturing

Earth - done
Saturn -
Moon -
Alien -
Hand - wip
Displacement - wip
Normal/Bump - wip
Head -
Body -
Clothes -
Golf course -
General Topology -
Grass - done
Trees -
Water -
Bag -
Golf Bat -
Book -

Rigging & Animation

Alien -
Hand -
Head -
Body -
Clothes -
Golf course -
Trees -
Water -
Bag -
Book -

divi
03-25-2008, 03:28 AM
Just some material tests for grass and skin.

http://www.ascguild.de/cgtalk/skin_grass_gi.jpg

Quite happy with the grass, liking the right skinmat and will prolly work a bit more on that colorversion.

First models coming the next 1 or 2 days - hopefully.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2008, 03:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.