PDA

View Full Version : save and load pos/rot offset between two link constrained objects

doCHtor
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, here I go again with a stupid simple script ... I'm really getting lost in maxscript and all that weird mathematical stuff :)

I have a biped in scene, than I have a dummy object link-constrained to Bip's root (little diamond), dummy object is not a child of Bip's root. Now I may independently from Biped animate the dummy object.

At some frame, I want to save dummies offset in position and rotation against Biped's root (biped root - dummy), later in different frame when Bip's and dummies position/rotation has changed, i want to load the offset from the previous save. I'm doing the save and load to ini file, because I want to save and load the offset between different max files or 2 running 3dsmax instances with their own maxfile open.

I got the save and load to .ini work, but I have big troubles with position and rotation offset. My dummy objects jumps to weird locations, sometimes when i comment out the rotation part, position works, sometimes even position doesn't work. I have read all those threads about transform matrix, but I'm unable to make something good out of it :(

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.