PDA

View Full Version : question for stick figure...

adoptsomenewphilosophy
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
i have a stick figure type character that walks around. his head is a sphere that floats above his body. i want to make it so that if he is moving or something then his head lags behind (barely) so say he sits down, it bounces up and down slightly. maybe i need a mel script or something. it shouldn’t be to complicated; i could have a point above his head where the sphere should always be moving towards or something. then i should just be able to say the speed it goes towards the point. any suggestions or ideas. please help. thanks so much…

Boucha
03-19-2008, 04:51 AM
May be your character is something like that of a vegy tales..I suggest you go for a spline IK setup for the stick body spine. You can easly create both FK as well as IK controls for the body by controlling the clusters..As far as the head goes, since it is floating around you can just control the translation and orientation by constraining it to a control. Use of lattice, blendshapes and other deformmers are required for squashy, strechy head and also expressions. If you are going for a automated system for head that you mentioned you can do it by expression, set driven keys,etc.

XminusOne
03-21-2008, 04:16 PM
How about making it dynamic while also having control over it. Look on highend3d for a camera that does something like this. You should be able to apply those types of settings it just fine. You'll need a hiearchy to do it correctly.

modernPrimitive
04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Try a spring constraint perhaps...

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.