PDA

View Full Version : Fire animation, real enough?

Strandli
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi!

Im testing out some techniques for a bigger project I'm thinking of, and fire is a hard thing to do, so I'm asking you experts, is this fire realistic enough? Just want to know so I know when I can move on to the next problem on the list :p

Video Fire (http://xeaxnor.deviantart.com/art/Fire-test-80188899)

Edit: should probably mention that I have a windeffect here to, If you thought the fire was wierd.

NilsLS
03-18-2008, 05:31 PM
wow that's awesome!

i don't really know anything about this but it seems to me that the edges are maybe a bit too noisy, if that makes any sense, seems to me alot of fire has a bit smoother edges (could be the wind effect your talkin about too). And it seems maybe a tiny bit fast? Right now it's like it's super hot, maybe fueled by gas or something instead of just something on fire (which might be what you're going for anyway!). I'm just shootin in the dark here though, and don't really know what i'm talking about, and it looks pretty freakin awesome to me!

Strandli
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
thanks for the reply!
I understand what you mean about the noisy edges and being a little fast and all that, but I think that may be the wind, but I'll try to render out the same project without the wind.
The thing I am going for is something blowing up and then burn, imagine a carbomb or something in the middle of a city on a windy day.

But just for the science of it, I'll try to mix the settings a little more...

milqito
03-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Depending on the type of fire that you're going for, I like the effect the wind is having, and how the fire starts to smoke up when something gets in the way. What I like about the wind effect is that the fire looks like it's rolling or running on little legs. Is that a burger on fire?

Strandli
03-19-2008, 05:59 AM
A burger.. yes... You should stay out of the medicine locker, Mister!
But seriously its just a flat circle, the burgereffect is caused by the fuel or pixiedust or something.. (I really dont know the exact reason, but It doesnt bother me...)

But thank u very much for the positive comment!

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2008, 05:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.