PDA

View Full Version : PS CS3 - "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

pixel-challenged
03-17-2008, 02:11 AM
I get this error whenever opening a PS file:

"Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I have tried purging the application Preferences (Ctrl+Alt+Shift), and uninstalling-reinstalling. Still the same problem. The application was working flawlessly for months, up until a few days ago when this issue first occured.

Specs:

PS CS3
Vista Business 32-bit, latest patches
Intel GMA X3100+ (7.14.10.1409 drivers)
2GB RAM

I have tried searching the Net for solutions, but to no avail. Please help, as I need PS working for coursework.

avinashlobo
03-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Not sure what to do, but try these:

- Uninstall (including Shared Components) and then delete the program folder manually as well.
- Try running in XP Compatibility mode.
- Try launching the app as Administrator (right-click the PS icon -> Run as Administrator.

Also, does the issue occur only when double-clicking a PS file? What about when you try to launch the app independently?

If none of these work, try a more extreme measure by knocking off your activation data as well by deleting the cache.db file (Please note: you will need to re-activate all Adobe apps installed if you do this).

pixel-challenged
03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
If none of these work, try a more extreme measure by knocking off your activation data as well by deleting the cache.db file (Please note: you will need to re-activate all Adobe apps installed if you do this).
Tried this as well. Did not work. Now, Dreamweaver is not working properly either (I need to reinstall it). I don't have the install files with me. :(

leigh
03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Tried this as well. Did not work. Now, Dreamweaver is not working properly either (I need to reinstall it). I don't have the install files with me. :(

This isn't a forum to ask for help with all your cracked software. Bye bye.