PDA

View Full Version : Shatter Effect

maddav99
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I know this will sound like a noob question, but can you only do the shatter effec with NURBs objects? I swear in the docs it doesn't say either way which leads me to believe it'll work on both. But every time I run it on a poly I get an error and nothing happens. Thanks in advance.

By the way, this is the error message I get-

//Error. An error occurred while running the Solid Shatter script. Results may be invalid. If necessary, undo to restore the previous situation.

YourDaftPunk
03-16-2008, 07:39 AM
You can run the shatter effect on polygons. Make sure you delete history: just about everything breaks the shatter tool. Be aware that if you have the shatter effect apply a material on the interior faces, you won't be able to shatter the new pieces again without breaking the connection to the shader group. I usually just shatter objects with lambert1 applied then start assigning materials when I have the effect I want.

englishwineguy
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Hey there,
http://www.digitaltutors.com/digital_tutors/video.php?v=536&f=q
Has a good outline showing how nurbs and polys are used in shatter

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.