PDA

View Full Version : Xsi

tonau30
04-18-2002, 03:56 PM
Hi!..Everybody...Does anybody know if there are any CG companies use xsi in HK coz I wanna get a job after I finish my studies in Vancouver.

Thank you :)

Vic3k
04-22-2002, 09:08 AM
yah and could some one list a few hundred companies in the world that use XSI coz oncei finish studies in vancouver iwant to move out of north america (preferably to earope) to work stricktly in XSI and no other shitty program :)

eugene_fraxby
04-22-2002, 09:54 PM
first stop would be the customer stories on the Softimage website

but off the top of my head

Clear (UK)
Mill (UK+US)
Peerless Camera Co (UK)
Rushes (UK)
Quiet Man (US)
Riot (US)
Studio 53 (?) (Germany)

erm....
come on guys...some help?

eugene_fraxby
04-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Alternate Route Studios (US- sorry Ed)
Framestore (UK)
la maison (France)
Cinegroupe (Canada ?)
Red post (UK)

lots really.....

:p

dmonk
04-22-2002, 10:52 PM
How bout any on the east coast?

eugene_fraxby
04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
east coast of where...well in England theres a place called Skegness...... just kidding

erm
Quiet man in new york
Riot have an office in new york
there must be others

ill have a think about it

a

dmonk
04-23-2002, 01:19 AM
Sorry I was talking about the US.
I keep forgeting this is international.

EdHarriss
04-23-2002, 07:57 AM
bizarre creations (UK)
deep blue sea (USA)
nasa (USA
broadcast (Israel)
the refinery (South Africa)
electronic arts (USA)
janimation (USA)
hybride (UK)
ubosoft
sega (Japan)
pixel liberation front (USA)
full tilt studios (USA)
namco
vcc (Germany)
topix (Canada)
das werk (Germany)
animal logic (AU)
glass works (UK)
climax (UK)
infogrames
mainframe (Canada)
spontaneous combustion (USA)
imagica (Japan)
pandemic studios (USA)
digital animations (UK)
reject barn (USA)
pyramid tv (UK)
asset media (Germany)
rhinoceros (USA)
film tecknarna (Sweden)
buzz image (Canada)
fx2 (Sweden)
wild brain (USA)
atomic pictures (USA)
creative bubble (USA)
so animation (USA)
century 3 (USA)
phactory (USA)
io media (USA)
virtual effects (SPAIN)
charlex (USA)
big bang animation (Canada)
centro digital pictures (Hong Kong)
psyop (USA)
skaramoosh (UK)
4 elements (Canada)
giant killer robots (Canada)
hensons creature shop
china town
fire horse (AU)

....there are so many more..... but I'm tired of typing.
sorry in advance for spelling errors. :)

dmonk
04-23-2002, 08:37 AM
My friends work at IO media.

Thanks for the list this will be very helpful. I've already started to trackk some of these places down on the net.:bounce:

:buttrock: I just like buttrocks:shrug:

Atyss
04-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Corrections/comments :shrug:

"hybride (UK)" not in UK but at Piedmont, Canada. But maybe they have an office in UK that I don't know about....

"ubosoft" Not sure here if you meant the game company named Ubi Soft. But if it is, they are in France and in Montreal, Canada and use only 3ds max.

"infogrames" More specefic: DTI Infogrames, in Montreal, Canada. I doubt they use 3ds max (it's a game company), but I will check.

"mainframe (Canada)" More specific: MainFrame Entertainment, in Vancouver, Canada. Last time I heard of them they were using only Softimage3D.....

"buzz image (Canada)" more specific: Groupe Image Buzz, in Montreal.

"big bang animation (Canada)" more specific: Big Bang FX/Animation, in Montreal, Canada.

"4 elements (Canada)" More specific: 4elements Studios. Closed since last fall. But apparently they want to start over. For those who wonder it was (as far as I know) a Softimage subsidiary, located right next to Softimage headquarters, in the ExCentris complex.

Other local places that use XSI:
Quaz'Art Média Design (Outrement, Canada)
Ouch! Animation
CinéGroupe ToonTeck (already mentioned)
NorthSide Studios (not sure if they still exist, the phone number always get me to a cell phone - and the guy never answers, of course).
Multivet Média (I worked there!)

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

EdHarriss
04-24-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Atyss

"hybride (UK)" not in UK but at Piedmont, Canada. But maybe they have an office in UK that I don't know about....

"ubosoft" Not sure here if you meant the game company named Ubi Soft. But if it is, they are in France and in Montreal, Canada and use only 3ds max.

"infogrames" More specefic: DTI Infogrames, in Montreal, Canada. I doubt they use 3ds max (it's a game company), but I will check.

"mainframe (Canada)" More specific: MainFrame Entertainment, in Vancouver, Canada. Last time I heard of them they were using only Softimage3D.....

"buzz image (Canada)" more specific: Groupe Image Buzz, in Montreal.

"big bang animation (Canada)" more specific: Big Bang FX/Animation, in Montreal, Canada.

"4 elements (Canada)" More specific: 4elements Studios. Closed since last fall. But apparently they want to start over. For those who wonder it was (as far as I know) a Softimage subsidiary, located right next to Softimage headquarters, in the ExCentris complex.

Other local places that use XSI:
Quaz'Art Média Design (Outrement, Canada)
Ouch! Animation
CinéGroupe ToonTeck (already mentioned)
NorthSide Studios (not sure if they still exist, the phone number always get me to a cell phone - and the guy never answers, of course).
Multivet Média (I worked there!)

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Didn't realize that hybride was in Canada. Doh.

Ubosoft. Doh, I can't spell. :) I meant Ubisoft. Ubisoft is huge and is not just in Canada and France and they use XSI, 3dsmax and Maya. They have offices in: Canada, California, New York, North Carolina (2 Locations), Brazil, France, London, Oxford, Austria, Germany (2 Locations), Spain (2 Locations), Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Romania, Morocco, Japan, China (2 locations) and Australia.

I know that you were just talking about DTI Infrogrames but
Infogrames also has a zillion offices and they use just about every package out there. They are located in: New York, Massachusetts, Washington, Maryland, Minnesota, California (2 locations), Brazil, France, London, Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Israel, Australia (2 locations), Korea, Taiwan (2 Locations), Japan and Norway. Whew...

Mainframe does use XSI: http://www.softimage.com/corporate/press/pressreleases/020314_mainframe.htm

I didn't know that 4 elements closed. Doh.

Thanks for the corrections Bernard. :)
As always, you are a tremendous help.

Atyss
04-24-2002, 04:57 AM
Wow I should have known better for Ubi Soft and DTI Infogrames. But the papers I have here (a game companies repertoire) doesn't say that!

@@@@
I didn't know that 4 elements closed. Doh.
@@@@

Yeah, and they called me for an interview but I was working at that time..... until I got kicked out and found that 4elemtents has closed! :(

@@@@
Thanks for the corrections Bernard. :)
As always, you are a tremendous help.
@@@@

Hum are you serious? Wow, I never tought Ed Harriss himself could say that to someone like me!
:eek:

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

EdHarriss
04-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Atyss

Hum are you serious? Wow, I never tought Ed Harriss himself could say that to someone like me!
:eek:

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Yes!
Bernard, you always post helpful info. =)
You probably have no idea how many people you have helped out.

By the way, what is "(a game companies repertoire)" ?

Atyss
04-24-2002, 07:29 AM
@@@@
Yes!
Bernard, you always post helpful info. =)
You probably have no idea how many people you have helped out.
@@@@

Glad to know that!

@@@@
By the way, what is "(a game companies repertoire)"
@@@@

Well, you know what is a repertoire? A list, an index..... :lightbulb
In my case it's a 30-page pdf document found on Alliance NumeriQC, a Quebec organization dedicated to the multimedia market (including games). I can send it to you if you want... :wavey:

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

EdHarriss
04-24-2002, 09:29 AM
Check your Private messages. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.