PDA

View Full Version : Please critique

lipuster
03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
hi everybody,

This is the first time I am trying to show heavy weight in animation.Please take some time to watch and critique as I am learning from self and have no other resource for feedback.Cheers.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1159337/now_thats_heavy/

Nomi-Graphics
03-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I think you are on the right track.

I would suggest that the rock and hands not be so static. Give them a little movement to show the heaviness also.

- Noel

lipuster
03-15-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks,

I hadnt workd on the hands yet.I guess Ill give them a slight left to right swing.

lipuster
03-16-2008, 06:47 AM
I tried working on the hands and it didnt look very cool. Also, its mentioned in animator's survival kit that while moving heavy objects, the hands remain relatively still coz of the mass. That's y I ha left them untouched initially.

Any suggestions??????

Rogun
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
The animators survival guide is great but for some reason with 3D animation anything that doesnt move tends to stand out and make the animation feel off. If you look at just the rock movement it going in a straight line, no up and down, or left and right and thats making it seem very unnatural. Plus the feet are sliding and not lifting at all. Lifting of the foot would cause that weight shift and thus the rock would follow.

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.