PDA

View Full Version : Bubble formation

spiderman3
03-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Hi
i have around thousand bubbles coming from different sides anmd merging into one. i am using blobby particles, is it possible to get some kind of noise deforamtion on each particles when it is travelling to merge.

Now it looks like some spheres moving to merge.

aanup
03-18-2008, 05:21 AM
hi

frist take a sphere. animate with the lattice.
make instancer with the partical.

sachinjoshi
03-18-2008, 05:54 AM
It's very easy,
animate some nurbs sphere , apply lattice, convert lattice to soft body and apply turbulence
create a curve emitter, replace the particles with the instancer. and a good material too.
emit some more particle from the emitter itself, do some expression, and there you go.
It really works.

cheers
sachin.

rxgeez
03-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Heres an idea...not sure it will give you what you're looking for but it might be worth a try. If you still want to use blobbies you could take your particles you have right now and turn them back to points. Then you could goal another set of particles to those ones so that there are 3 or so blooby particles to each point. Then bring down their goal weight a bit and add some turbulence so they move around a little. I don't know...just an idea. Its not the best solution but it might give an interesting look.

-k

sethmisek
03-19-2008, 09:55 PM
cant you put a bump map on the blobby shader?

kyleb2112
03-21-2008, 02:56 AM
The way I've done it is to make a bunch of small, separate cubes spaced out. Then do a poly combine so they're technically one object. Turn the object into a softbody and hit it with a turbulence field so you've got a bunch of small wiggling cubes which are still technically one object. Now grab the particles forming the softbodies and turn them into blobbies and scale the blobby size so you've got groups of 4 overlapping blobbies which will render as pulsating bubbles. To steer the individual clusters you can group the vertices of each cube into clusters and pull them around by their handles. This setup will keep the nice blobby blending when the individual clusters interact because they're all part of the same particle system.
(http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=54425)

spiderman3
03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi guys
Thanks a lot i works for me with multiple particles at same point

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.