PDA

View Full Version : Price of 3DBoxx? and AMD Athalon Question

Kristine
04-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Anyone know the approximate cost of the price of 3D Boxx? Are they around $2000 and up? Just wondering because I'm going to upgrade my computer as soon as possible.

Another question is that can I run dual AMD Athalon XP 1600 + ? because I heard you can't do that with Athalon XP.. only MP.. is that true? Can anyone give me more advice soon please?

I will be getting the motherboard " ASUS A7V333 KT333 3DDR AGP PRO 5PCI FIREWIRE USB2.0 ATA133 RAID W/ SOUND " ....what do you guys think?

I'll be running Maya mostly ... and the others stuff I'm getting is 512 mb Ram ..

The stuff I will keep from my old computer is my Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB..

My budget is a bit tight... so hope to get a reasonable but good system.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated.. Thank you.. ^_^

NickolasYounker
04-18-2002, 09:07 PM
..I'm not sure about buying base systems because box installs thier own software/drivers on these systems so you might want to find out how your hardware will react with the boxx system. call 1-877-877-2699 and ask for John Tobin....he'll give you the lowdown. ;)

Rabid pitbull
04-19-2002, 09:16 AM
they are a bit pricey from what i saw, but the systems are solid, and full of the best goodies. the prices are listed on there site but you must dig if i remember correctly.:rolleyes: i think that the current xp processors can be run as duals, but that amd is planning on changing this with next chipset. the tyan tiger(i think it the tiger...)boards seem to be very well recieved as dual amd boards.

ALIASWAVE
04-19-2002, 11:04 AM
The Boxx is cheaper than buying a SGI.
Boxx is also better than HP and other workstations.
You can also run dual XPs

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.