PDA

View Full Version : Software for generating lines artworks?

xsenos
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I recently received the below image from a client of mine asking to produce close results. So before I'm getting into doing it by hand--does anybody know if there isn't a software that does it? Seems likely knowing how similar these images usually look. Any help would be appreciated!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/377347838_438d1f1f74.jpg

Per-Anders
03-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Tons of ways to do that, from 3d using some lofted shapes and fresnel gradients, though to particle systems that push many thousands of particles, through to mathematical 4d fractals and attractors you can find plugins that will create lorenz attractor images for you in photoshop) through photography of glass, through to just doing that in photoshop or even illustrator direct using warps and gradients. I'd say that as you don't know these other softwares it would be best to just try and approximate the look using photoshop directly, 3d is a pain to use, the only other option is to check out various "flame" fractal pluings out there, KPT used to have one many years ago.

berniebernie
03-15-2008, 08:18 PM
search for 'Sinedots' on this forum and the Google

free ps plug-in which kind of does what you're looking for

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2008, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.