PDA

View Full Version : Facial Animation

ThreeDSnack
03-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Rigged and Animated by me. The model came with a Digital Tutors animation training kit. Crits are welcome. Thanks for looking :)

http://threedsnack.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't know how to post the vid any other way... so just follow the link to my blog :)

Davethewave711
03-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Hello Nate....

Well it appears that your rigging is working fairly nicely...
as animation goes there are a few notes that I would like to give...

Your character is blinking too much in the animation...
i'm trying to figure out what he is thinking...it appears that he is laughing at something then he thinks about something and reacts scared to something...this is good that you have a change of emotion...the thinking part is not clear enough although...i'm not sure why he is contemplating what he is and why he is reacting shocked to whatever...
does that make sense?

ok...so i would limit his eye blink to possibly 2 or three...and have the spacing different...he is blinking almost at the same exact speed and the timing is equal..I would have him blink...then pause...then blink twice when he has contemplated and has realized something and then go into the shock...

his head is moving too much as well back and forth right after the laugh i would have it stay in that general pose after laugh and have a moving hold on it...then i would have him blink on that moving hold and have him then have his eyes dart back and forth and then he blinks twice and then reacts...

ok so lastly the last pose has his chin go through his neck so that will need to be fixed...i also see that you have a studder in the jaw...i'm not sure that, that works...i would have it overshoot and come back to the extreme of the pose so you get some overlap in there...

ok well nice pass and i understand that this your first time animating...so I hope that you take this constructive critism well and understand that I'm trying to improve your skills...
saying all of this...I must say that for your first time animaiting a face this is not a bad try...especially for 2 - 3 hours...

keep it up...
Dave

Gopher the Gold (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=600448)

ThreeDSnack
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Thank you very much for the suggestions! it helps me so much as I'm basically blindly trying to do something I've never done before :D. Will be applying your suggestions to my next attempt for sure!

cheers,
nate

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.