PDA

View Full Version : crisp and clear lines in every ZOOM IN and OUT..?

yolao
03-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi.

I`m using now the painter demo.

In painter, is there a way to have a crisp and clear image at any zoom distance?....i mean, in PS for example, there are times that the image is not crisp, but if you zoom out or zoom in one time the image becomes crisp. In ArtRage the image is always clear no matter what zoom distance the image is...

In painter i have to zoom to almost 100 percent to see crisp and clear lines, and if i`m working in a big format, that mean to zoom in a small section of the entire image. Is there a way to set this to work like in PS ot ArtRage?

Thanks

P.S. Ah..and if i rotate the image by holding the space bar and the alt key, when the image is crisp and clear, the image become kind of with antialiasing issues...

Lunatique
03-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I find that 50%, 25%, and 12.5% tend to be cleaner than others--probably because they are exactly half counting from 100% and down.

Per-Anders
03-13-2008, 11:16 PM
No you wont really be able to do that easily AFAIK, Painter like Photoshop sets up a cache for certain sizes in order have higher quality zooming and faster manipulation, I don't recall where the preference is right now for that (or if one even exists) in painter, but as Robert pointed out it's normally set to around half sizes, the cache at those sizes is resampled down using a bicubic sampling (i.e. smooth) which is slow, while normal scaling is handled using nearest naighbor.

yolao
03-14-2008, 12:07 AM
thanks guys!!:)

kenjitsu
03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I only get crisp clear lines when divided by half as mentioned (100%, 50%, 25%), but you need to check the box in edit > Preferences > General > Draw zoomed-out views using area averaging (Painter X). this may increase the processor usage resulting in freeze times and lag. :/

This is the best I've found, It's not as good as in Photoshop, but good enough.

yolao
03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
thanks Benjamin, i did not have that checked before, now that is checked at some zoom distance the lines are crisp clear.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.