PDA

View Full Version : Viewport selects only shape node

compubimbo
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi,

Here's a strange one...

I have animated portions of a truck. Most of the controls are thrown onto a handful of curves with set-driven keys. The animation looks good-- finished working with it a couple of weeks ago. Now, however, I must go back and tweek some things. When I select my nurb controls in the viewport, though, it only selects the shape node! The transform node is still there, but I have to select it from the outliner (which is extremely time consuming.) And the really wierd part is that this has only happened with those nurbs that I used to key my animation. There are a couple of controls I never touched, and they still select the transform node like normal. And to make things even MORE complex, it's not just a setting somewhere in Maya because I can go back 20 versions of the scene and the selection is working properly again.

If anyone has encountered this or has any idea how to fix it, please let me know! My deadlines are approaching fast!

Thanks,
Kam

ftaswin
03-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Check your display layer. Some layer probably switched to reference (R) preventing you to select your controller's transform node.

What's what happened to me last time.

compubimbo
03-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Ah! Genious! I assumed Maya wouldn't let me select the controls at all if it's parent were referenced, so I never checked it. That's really interesting-- helps for the next time I need to select the shape node quickly.

Awesome! Thanks, ftaswin!

-Kam

ian27
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Ah cool... I was also having the same problem.. Thanks ftaswin.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.