PDA

View Full Version : help w/3 point constrains on one object.

MegaManZZ
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
im going to try to ask this as clearly as i can, but have a feeling i might not be clear.
I have 3 point constrains on 1 'object'. let's label the three constraints as, "A1", "A2", "B".
I want to have it so that constraints "A1" and "A2" are able to switch the 'object' between each other(aka IK Fk blend). so when "A1" is at value of 1, "A2" is at a value of 0, and vise versa.....
(now the confusing part): i want to use a set driven key in such a way that when constraint "B" is at the value of 1, the other 2 constraints ("A1" and A2") are at a value of 0. and when "B" is at a value of 0, "A1' and "A2" will return to there previous values.

So incase your all still confused. i should be able to switch the 'object' from "B" to "A1" or from "B" to "A2", and vise versa( depending on if A1 or A2 was previously set to 1).

one bad solution is to set the set the value of the driven key of "B" to a high number like 100. but when switching between the "A" constraints there is an indication of movement.

if im not making sense let me know.. i really hope someone has a solution to this problem..

MegaManZZ
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
found a solution.. write an expression for both the A constraints.
"A1" = "A1" - ( "B" * "A1");
"A2" = "A2" - ( "B" * "A2");

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.