JA-forreal
05-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Check it out here-

http://membres.lycos.fr/garbager/

and here-

http://www.mouviz.com/films/film.php?film=outofmemory

JA-forreal
05-06-2003, 09:44 PM
"A" CGtalk moderator moved this post that was originally in the " News" section to this Blender area. I had thought that it was general 3d news that just happened to involve the use of Blender. I have seen many similar post of projects made with Maya, Lightwave, Max, etc. that remain in the "News" section to date. I feel that this 3d animation news is of interest to the general members on the cgtalk and not just to Blender users.

I don't see why this animation news post was moved here. When I recently posted news of the upcoming release of Blender 2.27 both here in the Blender forum and on the "News" froum. It was not moved or removed. Hummmm. Alot of 3d artist like to see what can be accomplished by an individual 3d artist on a pc. Works like this have inspired me to make a go of larger personal 3d projects on my own. I'll try posting it again?

Anyone here remembers LoR (LotsofRobots) animations? That was a very powerful 3d Max independent 3d animation project that changed the way that I looked at my own 3d developements.

SheepFactory
05-11-2003, 07:19 PM
well i plugged it at 3d festival , and since its already in the gallery there is no need to have it under cg news.

JA-forreal
05-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Great.

dani
05-17-2003, 06:41 PM
I hope that with the english version, more people will understand the story.

Dani

hanzo
05-17-2003, 11:20 PM
just because it's blender dosn't mean it's not great news!

the movie is nice i like the modeling and stuff I only got one crit and that is that it's not that actionative..

dani
05-18-2003, 12:24 AM
I only got one crit and that is that it's not that actionative..

Well it's clearly not the point of the movie...
like would say my ex-philosophy teacher:

it's about giving something to eat to your mind instead of your body.

She means that from time to time we need to feed or minds... we do not do this often enough. This movie is about that. And is quite useful.
Instead of being passive in front of your screen (it can be good too :) ), your mind starts to works...

Well, this is how I think, and some think I think too much :)

Dani

hanzo
05-18-2003, 01:27 AM
dani yes your right..

I just think that he could have made it way better even in story..

dani
05-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Yep, probably, but keep in mind that he had to cut off 1/4th of the original movie's length... maybe what you find that is missing is in those 5 minutes...

Ciao!
Dani

negative9
05-22-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm getting sound but no video.

I have Nimo codex pack 8 installed and windows media player 9 as my player...Realplayer and Quicktime, both result in the same situation.

I know I'm just missing something...like the 5.03 Divx , rather than 5.02?

negative9
05-23-2003, 01:08 AM
I thought the short was a GREAT piece of expression. Simply amazing. It's shorts like this that make me continue through the struggles of learning 3d.

ray_theray
05-30-2003, 06:10 PM
So negative, is it working now?

Anyway, I thought this was not only one of the best Blender shorts I have seen in a while, but an excellent piece of CG that can stand for sure on its own merit. Even though I only had a primitive understanding of French when I first saw it, I knew that it was a very deep and well thought out project. It also is one of my favorite kinds of films - cerebral.

And I also agree that this shouldn't have been moved. Like I said, this film stands on its own merit. Congrats, garbager!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.