PDA

View Full Version : Specular Color?

WesMcDermott
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey,

I coming from a LightWave background and I have a couple of questions about specular color and reflection color.

When using image maps to control specularity and reflection, is it correct to use the specular amount and reflection amount for the image map effect, or should I use specular color and reflection color?

From what I understand, the specular color and reflection color is for tinting the specularity or the reflection. This effect is multiplied by the amount setting. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Wes

Limbus
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
When using image maps to control specularity and reflection, is it correct to use the specular amount and reflection amount for the image map effect, or should I use specular color and reflection color?

From what I understand, the specular color and reflection color is for tinting the specularity or the reflection. This effect is multiplied by the amount setting. Is this correct?

Specular amount/reflection amount is the correct one.

Cheers, Florian

WesMcDermott
03-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks!

Wes

CaptainObvious
03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Specular and reflection color are basically color highlights in LW-speak.

Transparency color is color filtering.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.