PDA

View Full Version : A question about Ik-fk switching

ozioz
03-11-2008, 03:31 PM
hi guys;

I am sure that most of you know about Ik Fk blending ...

I can say that I am a newbie for complex character rigging..

I have been working on IK FK switching..

( even snapping script )

Here is my question:

When we are done with the setup - IK FK setup I mean - , Which one of the joint chains will be used?

- There are three joint chains: Fk chain, Ik chain and the orginal one controlled by several orient constrains.

That is What I wanna learn guys.

In my test rig, I have to control the setup by using the IK and FK chains.

I wanna hide them and I have seen many rigs that only use one chain in a scene.

Hope I have been able to be as clear as I should be..

Best Regards;

Ozioz

meljunky
03-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Here is my question:

When we are done with the setup - IK FK setup I mean - , Which one of the joint chains will be used?

- There are three joint chains: Fk chain, Ik chain and the orginal one controlled by several orient constrains.

Normally IKFK switches are controlled from 0-10, where 0 is IK and 10 is FK ( I have seen the reverse), that control the orientContraints weights On and Off

The visibility of the root joints of the IK and FK along with the IKFK controls can be SDK to IKFK Switch ( same attribute that controls the orientConstraints weights)

Did I answer you question?

-brian
www.meljunky.com

Boucha
03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Many people use IK FK blending as an rigging option,...There are many ways to blend....For example using Nodes or SDKs....

There are three bone setups for IK FK blending which includes, IK and FK bones which are the drivers while the base joint is skinned to the mesh.

IK and FK joints as well as there controllers's visibility can be toggled easily doing set driven keys......Or you can also place them in different groups and toggle there visibily attributes....

Happy riggin....

twedzel
03-15-2008, 12:03 AM

When you see someone only using one joint chain it is because they are not using a joint chain to directly control their base joints. They are using controllers to control the joints that control the base joints.

So both the Ik and the FK joints will control the base joints. Both the IK and the Fk will be controlled by controllers and then be hidden away from sight.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2008, 12:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.