PDA

View Full Version : Problem Baking Dynamics

SteveN25
03-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi I have an animation where a car travels along a motion path, hits a jump then dynamics take over. The animation works fine when I play it, a couple of interpenetration happens but the animation runs fine.

But when I try to bake out the simulation at the point where dynamics take over the car stays at the frame where I keyed dynamics to take place and continues baking

I've used the bake option box and tried all combinations of options

Could it have something to do with parenting. I have a couple of nurbs curves as controls. The main one is attached to the motion path and also holds the rigidbody node, in which the whole truck and other controls are attached. As I said when I play the animation in the viewports it works fine but goes mental when I try to bake key frames.

Can anyone help

P.s I forgot to say I have set driven keys for whell rotation and on control curves but in the bake simulation option box there is no option to bake "set driven keys" Im using maya 2008
I get this warning too I think at the point where dynamics are keyed.

Warning: The surface of rigid body 'rigidBody2' may be reversed. Reversing the surface may avoid interpenetration errors. //

Please can anyone help I need to have this ready for Friday.

cheers

SteveN25
03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi Im also getting this error.

Cycle on 'rigidBody_tx20.output' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

Tried to bake, everything bakes fine upto the point where the cars rigidBody is turned to active and the car jumps to the start of the motion path and begins to fall down due to gravity but from the start position.

DrYo
03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Try baking out the whole sequence rather than just the dynamic section.

musi
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Steve,

I just got another rigidBody baking problem, and may be my discovery (a very small one :)) can help you too...

After I got simulation working and baked keys, I wanted to change the timing of baked keys. And every time I tryed to select a key in graph editor - Maya just died! After some (long hours) of experimenting, I found out that if I key the Active attr on rigidBody, I can't manipulate keys later.
So, whatever you do, don't key the Active attr! Instead, try animating your fields magnitudes to take effect exactly when simulation should start.

Just wanted to share experience...

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.