PDA

View Full Version : referencing model with action

animking
03-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Hi all,
I have faced another problem.

I made some poses(for lipsync with some controller) and connected those poses with some parameters(the mixer clip I take on animation mixer then connected the mixer attribute). Now when I reference that model for animation the poses are not coming (poses are set to internel) and thats for the extra paremeters are not working.

ANY SOLUTION? HOW CAN I DO THAT?

ThE_JacO
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
it would help if you could explain the issue better.
where does this panel you connected things to live? Is there any referencing to model data going on from outside of it?

CoolCalb
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Didnt quite understand what was the process you did, but maybe it has something
to do with the settings under "Local Modifications to Save", inside the Delta node?

Does the referenced model load with an empty mixer? or are the tracks there, and they
just loose their connections?

animking
03-12-2008, 02:58 AM
well I explain a little bit more.

My process what I did......

1. first i made some poses for lip (sad,happy,angry...so on) by some nulls (face was skined by those nulls).

2. save those poses as a action(selected default option).

3. bring that action (mixer) in animation mixer window.

4. made some custom parameter according to the name like exp_sad, exp_happy,....so on.

5. connect the mixer attributes with the custom parameters.

6. export the file as a model.

7. bring that model as a reference in a new scene.

8. BUT the custom parameters are not working,.....basically no one action is loaded in animation mixer.......infact the actions are not comming with the model.

I HOPE U CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I DID......I take the downloaded rig lamp.

CoolCalb
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Did you put the clips in the mixer of the model node, or in the mixer under the scene root?

ThE_JacO
03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Again, WHERE is this custom panel living?
What mixer did you use?
You also talk of referencing model, but by your explanation it doesn't seem like you're using one... Is it a ref model we're talking about or one local to the scene?

animking
03-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Did you put the clips in the mixer of the model node, or in the mixer under the scene root?

yes, mixer is under model root.

tc
03-14-2008, 03:50 AM
First, do your model work without being referenced?

If yes, so it's something wrong with the way you are transfering your assets, most probably the way you ordered your model.

you need:

model
|_ mixer
|_clips in the mixer timeline
|_ sources with the poses of your deformers
|_ deformers - you use to save poses.
|_ mesh enveloped by deformers
|_ custom Pset linking to weight of clips that are in the mixer.

Do you have it all? Are your action sources inside the mixer that is in the model?
After you import it as a refmodel, what is on your delta? can you make those clips work without your custom pset?
Can you check if your clips are getting through the delta or being killed there? if yes can you try activating and deactivating "import mixer animation" (you'll need to refresh your model to see the difference).

Another question... did you ever watched those training videos about this?
http://www.vast.ws/resources/xsi/tutorials/tutorials.html
Did you take a look in the manual about action/source creation?

I think I've more questions than you :P

animking
03-14-2008, 07:34 AM
I think I've more questions than you :P

Yes u have,................... anyway I'm a new user in XSI, not morethan 2 weeks.......
I think Link will be usefull for me.......:bounce::eek:

tc
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Cool, you are welcome. :)

The referenced models in XSI is quite a complex/open system. Different from other 3d softwares it will not just "import" your mesh. It will store modifications and inputs in a special area. But you need to set up correctly and understand the Model structure.

So I think it worth to read and take a look on all the other features before your start with refmodels.

If you have scene examples of what's not working, it worth to post it with a clear explanation of your problem. So people will see your problem easily and be able to help you.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.