PDA

View Full Version : Distributed Render Woes

Omita
03-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I have a 2 computers at work with identical setups yet I get two totally different results when trying to run XSI. Both computer are accessing our XSI license via a License server.

Both Machine have the same 4 render servers in there .ray3host configuration. Both machines can ping and contact the 4 render servers. Both machines are running Windows XP and have full permissions to the network.

However;

Machine A can start up XSI just fine normally.

Machine B hangs when trying to access the Distributed Rendering servers. If I remove all the distributing render server from it's .ray3host config it too runs fine.

We have about 20 other machines that all access the districuted render servers just fine. Our System Admin said that they have seen this in the past and it would take a couple days and then it will just start working. Does anyone know why this happens or how to debug it further?

-H

Omita
03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Restarting did help eliminate some of the issues. One of the servers still doesn't want to run on my remote box, but I was able to use the backup remote render server.

I'd still be interested if someone could shed some light on this issue.

-H

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.