PDA

View Full Version : render diagnostics

makester
05-06-2003, 10:41 AM
I've just run my scene through render diagnostics in maya 4.0.3,
and I get this message at the end...

- it can be useful to run your scene through "maya -optimizeRender"
before rendering. This can help optimize the scene for rendering.

...it sounds like a great idea, but I don't know how to do it, anyone able to shed light on this?

lowkey
05-06-2003, 01:21 PM
simply type this at the command-line:

maya -optimizeRender x:\...\scenes\filename.mb (path to scenefile) followed by the output-path/filename!

maya will optimize your scene if possible. :)

makester
05-06-2003, 01:41 PM
cheers mate,

I did that, it sure optimizes the scene alright. When I load the optimized version of the scene I found that it deleted absoulutely everything.

lowkey
05-06-2003, 01:46 PM
hmmm, that's strange...usually it works pretty well for me!
don't know what went wrong...:shrug:

Maya Ayanami
05-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Isnt there a way to do it just througth the menus. I remember seeing that button somewhere but dont remember.

well does your scene render or what. you did say at the end so does that mean after the render is finished. or does it mean something else.

as far as i can remember i have never had this problem before. but then again I do have maya 4.5 and the free realease of Mental Ray

alexx
05-08-2003, 11:42 AM
file->optimize Scene Size.

that has all the option boxes you might need as well..

optimize render command is something quite different i think, since it is mostly meant for e.g. converting your images to bot files and so on.

cheers

alexx

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.