PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Tutorials and Workshops Forum? Post Yours Here

Rebeccak
03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to hear your feedback on what you would like to see here in the Tutorials and Workshops Forum.

Please post your ideas and suggestions here, thank you!

-Rebeccak

SulaMoon
03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Im kinda still waiting for that 100 hands & feet Master copy!

vedran
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd like to see "cross-countor master-copy workshop" :p
I think it would be great to have something more "structure" oriented after bargue workshop.

thank you for doing all these workshops and tutorials!

T-Scholes
03-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see Rebecca do some oil painting. :D

Intervain
03-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Im kinda still waiting for that 100 hands & feet Master copy!

just what I was thinking today :) And well I'm always in for more master copies of any kind!

phoenix1001
03-10-2008, 06:38 AM
I too will prefer the hands & feet master copy.

Rebeccak
03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :) There's going to be another 3D Workshop first and then after that sometime I'll put up a heads and hands Workshop.

Please feel free to post other suggestions!

Cheers,

-R

ceruleanvii
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
hands and feet master copy sounds great to me too - always need to work on those!

paintdabs
03-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm still working on foundational drawing, esp. human figure - so anything anatomical is fine with me (I'm working through some Loomis stuff, little by little). Rebecca's and others' tutorials are helping me a lot.

Other things: still life creation, landscape development. I think it's good to switch off to other genres.

Many thanks to all.

Buexe
03-11-2008, 12:35 AM
How about some animal anatomy? I`m currently into this and find it refreshing, because of all the new forms and shapes one can explore.

Rebeccak
03-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Great suggestions folks, keep them coming. :) I like to only run one Workshop on the forum at a time so that everyone can participate and not get too strung out between different Workshops. An animal workshop sounds great and is something that I'll try to implement after a hands and feet Workshop, which seems to be the popular vote so far. :)

Frejasphere
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
What about a 3D/2D hands and feet workshop?
(for those who can't wait...) :D
In a similar way to the 50 heads - in 2006 :)

cheers
a. :)

Pamyla
03-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Anything :) I really need to learn more on drawing techniques formation and body building

Buexe
03-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Hands and feet are of course always a good topic, I just recently discovered what a lively corner of cgTalk the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177) section is ( shame on me I know ). I`ll try to participate in whatever you guys come up with. Maybe to add a little bit of spice to the master copy: 1.) Make the copy in 2D and then 2.) for those interested transform it into a 3D or 2D version, maybe even with a bit of an artistic interpretation, so that there is the concept of taking a close look how masters tackled the subject and then think about how the forms and shapes can be transcended into a more personal way of interpreting the subject. I hope you get what I mean, I have the feeling my english skills are not good enough to express what I mean.
cheers : )

paintdabs
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Ah, that suggestion above is a good one. I'd put that top of my list.

Intervain
03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
well I know we did have a 3d motion workshop but a body in motion/muscles in motion is always a good thing to practice as well... Another thing I find challenging are the eyes - you know like the eye shapes with different emotions [squints and such] that artists practice.

It is an Anatomy forum mainly so I'm not sure how this will apply: cloth rendering... Maybe in interaction with the human body - within a mastercopy workshop? So many of those great artists painted meters of beautifully draped cloaks :)

Well those are just off top of my head.

BLack902
03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello to all ! :)

I enyojed so much 3D motion thread. It was cool to see all the artist hard working, and fantastic effect at the end. How about workshop on structures (like eyes for example) in traditional modeling to full detail ? It's really hard for me and I think for some artist too make really realistic human eye without sculpting.

Best regards,
Greg

Rebeccak
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
It is an Anatomy forum mainly so I'm not sure how this will apply: cloth rendering... Maybe in interaction with the human body - within a mastercopy workshop? So many of those great artists painted meters of beautifully draped cloaks :)

Well those are just off top of my head.A long while back I had asked a friend to do a 2D cloth workshop, maybe we can resurrect that idea after some of the other Workshops.

Intervain
03-14-2008, 01:06 AM
sounds splendid!

Rebeccak
03-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, folks, I think that's going to line us up nicely through the end of the year. ;)

Cheers,

-R