PDA

View Full Version : XSIBASE Hacked Again

3dtutorial
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Looks like XSIBASE has been hacked again.

Use catution.

Joe

NeptuneImaging
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
What the **** is wrong with people...? A hanging skeleton....someone is really loosing it here...

JDex
03-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah... it's wicked nasty in terms of what it tries to install too.

Need some stronger passwords on that account.

luceric
03-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Isn't this post just encourraging people to go see and potentially putting them in danger?

pnoland
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
It's more warning users that visit this and that forum often enough to see the message before going and nabbing a virus.

And if people willingly want to visit a known hacked site...they deserve whats coming to their hard drive :P

a_joke
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
i was on the site when it got screwy. wasn't sure what happened until i saw the hangman.what i don't understand is the purpose of hacking a site that's not worth getting caught for. i mean if i'm gonna hack and i'll try amazon or ebay get something out of it(book,ps3, y'know things like that). sh!t ....a bank! :twisted: but a 3d forum makes no sense, but that's just me.

Hun
03-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Defacing of websites doesnt happen for the sake of $$$. You put your logo on the frontpage to claim you were better than the guy who admins the server. It's more like a kiddie street race than a bank robbery.

These guys exist since the dawn of the net (I guess even since the dawn of mankind) and shouldnt be considered more harmful than they are. Yet, they can be seen as a constant reminder to keep your system in shape and not let it rot with 100s of open holes..

And if someone "gets a virus" from a "hacked page".. well.. you dont swim naked in the piranha pool, do you? http://1.2.3.13/bmi/forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/grin.gif

wonderpup
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Hopefully on topic question- I use Avast commercial antivirus- anyone hear good or bad about it?

mocaw
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know if it's safe to go back to the xsibase site yet? Maybe I'll email Bernard and see?

JDex
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know if it's safe to go back to the xsibase site yet? Maybe I'll email Bernard and see?

All clear... and there's news on future improvements.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.