PDA

View Full Version : Marianas II

soulburn3d
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204995829/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204995829/1024bound)A reworking of a digital painting I did last year. I did a sketch for the painting, and the final result was very different. This is closer to the original design. The lilipad shaped towers were built in max, rendered in brazil, everything else was painted in photoshop, the rocks, the background, the ships, etc.

sectora
03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice atmosphere Neil... very well done.
I like the floating structures and dense atmosphere a lot!

Albert

horheCG
03-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Very nice, nice atmosphere - only one crit - the spaceships to the left and right look really similar what catches the eye straight away. Could use a little variation perphaps.

geostik
03-09-2008, 08:45 AM
gj. i was just about to report that this soulburn3d guy redid a work belonging to a respected artist(recongized the style), just to realize that he's the artist in question.
looks good.

Lyngby
03-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Simply fantastic picture.. really great stuff.

LXC2000
03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I like the misty foggy athmosphere, it is blending well with the buildings flower shape. About climate changes?...

soulburn3d
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

only one crit - the spaceships to the left and right look really similar what catches the eye straight away. Could use a little variation perphaps.

You know, I didn't notice it until I saw it at this res. At large res, you don't notice it as much because it takes up more of your field of view, and as a smaller image, the ships tend to disappear into the fog. But at a medium distance, the two sets of ships do look a little too similar. Thanks for the catch.

i was just about to report that this soulburn3d guy redid a work belonging to a respected artist(recongized the style), just to realize that he's the artist in question.

Hehe, well I'm glad you checked before reporting me :)

- Neil

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.