PDA

View Full Version : Dragon`s Tower!

degerardo
03-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Heya guy`s. I just fill my time to work on this one :)
The high res is: 4k. But on the top I`ll add mre sky, because it will be a cover for my book I am working on :) hope you like it. G!
http://www.degerardo.com/bigpic/51.jpg

TomasWarren
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
hey degerardo,

great job there, you really got the feeling of the wasteland in, and the castle looks suitably decrepit :)

one crit i have is that it feels a little lopsided to have the intense colour & wasteland from the right hand side of the painting dropoff suddenly on the left, creating a gap which doesn't seem right somehow. I can see there's some sort of far off background building over there but it feels kinda shoved in. Also, as well as that the horizon over there doesn't match the rest of the painting

overall some real nice work tho

everlite
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Degerardo, pretty dramatic stuff :) So what kind of book are you putting together? is it a collection of your artwork? or about dragons?

Only critique been it feels a touch flat around the forground castle, has a similar tone between forground and midground. But still nice. Also maybe the dragons are a little tight to the edge, especially for print work, though i'm guessing you've cropped in for this example.

A minor crit also, where you've painted the dragon, the main one, the fire looks like it could be catching his wing :) ouch! maybe dragons are fire proof not sure.

:thumbsup:

Dave.

degerardo
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks guy`s :)

I am working on my book where will be my works+some WIP`s and etc. It will be generaly about digital art and matte-painting. I have still 2.months to finish it for the publisher. I hope everything will be good. I have already finished a few pages and it will be looking good and nice ;) BTW: for the book(the cover), I have a different quality of this image. Ready for print :) Thank you also for your critique(I`ll have a look on that)- as you know, I like it-it make me to work better and better.
Thanks guy`s again.
Looking forward for the challenge :wip:

Suirebit
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
So, are those dragons painted or 3D?

JJASSO
03-09-2008, 06:46 AM
looks really nice, I like the color palette, good work on the sense of scale here, I would add motion blur to the dragons so it look more cinematic , or a frame from a movie,, looking forward to see your book, good luck !

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2008, 06:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.