PDA

View Full Version : Creature attack

cilvento
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
This is a little piece that I have been working on in my spare time for a few monts now. I still have some cleanup to do but wanted to post it to help keep me motivated and to get any comments/suggestion.

Feel free to tear it apart.

http://www.cilvento.com/Animation_Test/security_guard.mov

Thanks,
Chris

kilgoretrout
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
hey
i like it apart from the alien thing and the x files music
there are some moments where the legs do that snappy thing where they reach their extents if you know what i mean (completely straight) during the walk cycle.
id get rid of the alien and just show him being dragged away or something
but overall man i really like it, good sense of timing and apprehension he really does look worried nice one
m

cilvento
03-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Hey Matt thanks for you comments. I have uploaded a new version and would like to get some feedback. Any comments/suggestion would be greatly apprecaited.

One thing that I would like to know is overall is the story clear? Does it make sense what's going on and what happened? What areas could be stronger or need more clarity? Any polishing notes would be great too.

Night Shift (http://www.cilvento.com/Animation_Test/security_guard2.mov)

Thank you,
Chris

mistasam02
03-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Hey Chris, great animation! I really like the shots and camera setup overall. Timing's great and the lightning reads well too! In my opinion, it would be cooler to show like the sillouhette of the creature thing earlier in the vid. That or flash something from his dream. I mean, it reads perfectly that he just woke up from a dream, but we're kinda expecting something but we don't know what it looks like. It would be cool to have a black figure run across the screen before he wakes up. Other than finess, everything looks awesome! :D

mistry
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Looks great !
can't wait to see more !

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.