PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to transfer all?

chandro
03-08-2008, 07:56 AM
is it possible to transfer all the rigs and blenshape to another mesh?

Geuse
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Would you mind to clarify what you would like to accomplish?

chandro
03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
i rig my character using TSM2(anzovin) and added blendshape
seem everything doing well
but when am about to add my sss skin texture (by assigning material to selection) or dragging i got this error
// Error: Error while parsing arguments.
tried using the lamberts(rig material) custom shader (dragging the sss) in mental ray but didnt give a good result
btw my material is sss skin shader with displacement.
what ive done is use the rig as a wrap deformer to the textured mesh.
it works but using wrap not really good, im not getting real time in viewport
if its possible to transfer all the rig including blendshape to another mesh (except the texture)is another option

Geuse
03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Ok, so you have a mesh, which is being displaced and the mesh itself is wrapped to another mesh that is driven by the joints of the setup machine rig? correct? Why do you use wrap in the first place? Why not bind it directly to the joints?

chandro
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM
i used anzovin TSM2 and i dont know the workflow yet and already added blendshape to the head which takes time doing it again.
if just transfering it all (the rigs and blendshape) like transfer attributes somehow easier.
im thinking of exporting the previous skin weights and bind again..

Geuse
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Uhm. ok. I think I understand. I think =)
But i can't understand why you would use wrap? You bind your mesh using "bind skin" --> "smooth bind" to the joint hierarchy.
And why your texture on your mesh would cause error I can't understand.

chandro
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
using TSM2 quite has a lot of nodes attach to the mesh
its not just the bones are calculating for deformation.
i cant understand either why i cant assign existing material after binding it with TSM2.
well assigning wrap solves the problem but still looking for easier way

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.