PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me with this walk cycle

vind
03-08-2008, 05:37 AM
hi everyone well i am new here and this is my first thread, can you plz help me with this walk cycle i made.Well the problem is that this walk is looking too casual and not suiting the character.I was told to make a more serious looking walk as per the chr.Since i am a newbee in animation can any one guide me what all aspects should i consider while makeing such a walk cycle.Eagerly awaiting for ur C&C........

walk cycle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHu4Da4JI04

matmonkfish
03-08-2008, 04:06 PM
i think i would lean his torsoe forward, and bring his shoulders and hands up more to make him more tense, the more loose his arms arms are, and the more leaned back he is, the more casual he will look,

if he is leaned forward, he will seem more dynamic, like he is ready for action

matmonkfish
03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
very rough, but a little like this

vind
03-13-2008, 05:44 PM
thanks matmonkfishfor ur valuable comments. :)

NilsLS
03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
hey vin, not lookin too bad!

like mat said, leaning him forward will help balance him alot, and you could try translating the cog forward just a tad too. Also try and get a little overlap in up/down chest rotation which will help alot in giving him some weight.

The arms seem like they change direction a little fast, try giving it a little hang time at either end to mix up the timing a bit, it will make it feel a little less robotic.

The knees look like they're overextending on contact and push, try to tweak feet/cog/hips to get rid of the knee popping.

keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.