PDA

View Full Version : printing paper

rikit
03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I was just wondering what kind of paper would be good to print my finished painter projects on. I am printing from an ink jet Epson, nothing special. I just want to purchase some decent paper that will work good. I don't exspect miricles. Were would I findd this paper. Thank you very much.

faro
03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Rick,

There a large number of materials to print on.
Material needs to be compatible with your Epson model.
In general, premium photo papers give you the best results.
Depending on your printer model, you can also print on compatible canvas material as well.
You can look for recomended Epson material on Epson web site.
You can also use third party material but you nood to do some research on that.
Whatever material you decide to use, get one that comes with a ICC profile for your printer.

GoodLuck,
Faro

Ion66
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I've got a Canon Pixma 610 and use either matte or glossy photo papers with decent results. Id love to be able to use heavier art papers, but they arent listed as supported, though I may try just for the heck of it.

Im not much help with ICC profiles and such. I know what it means in general, but not how it applies to papers. A check of my Epson premium presentation paper, shows smudge resistance..fade resistance and such, but no mention of any ICC stuff. I think much of that is a bit over my head.

I have had to play around with different programs to print from (Canon software or PS elements6) and various settings and profiles to get as close to the original image on the screen as I can. That's taken some playing around with for sure.

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.